Fiber optics is the leading method of transferring digital information at the highest possible speeds. But, how much do you know about how it integrates into your day-to-day operations? As telecommunications and cable companies continue to invest in their fiber optics infrastructure, other industries are catching on to the important advancements being made with the use of this technology. With the expertise and support of 21st Century Network Cabling, you can join the Fiber Optic way that will supercharge your road to success.
The number of LANs (local area networks) being set up without Fiber Optics continues to drop exponentially. This glass-based wiring, made up of a cluster of filaments that delivers data via light, is the new gold standard that will ensure that your structured cabling is optimally compatible with any advancements that other technology – from voice and data systems to security systems – will make over time. All industries can benefit from a dependable high-speed network based on fiber optics.
Fiber optics is particularly recommended for businesses that:
- Require a strong structured cable network
- Rely upon robust voice and data services
- Send and receive large files on a regular basis
- Use high end communication and presentation systems such as wall screens
- Utilize a complex video security and surveillance system
21st Century Network Cabling has unparalleled experience installing fiber optics with a strong track record managing data and voice networks, video surveillance systems, and video walls.
Why Fiber Optics?
Simply put, it is the future of digital business and telecommunications. Why wait? While traditional copper wiring is still considered by some to be an adequate way to transmit data, it is less reliable and efficient due to numerous limitations. It is highly susceptible to electromagnetic fields (EMF) and other interference, and it is likely to physically erode over time. And while copper wiring has made advances over the years to keep up with rapidly changing technology, it has also become much more expensive.
It is easy to see why fiber optics has supplanted the metal wiring that built our first factories and businesses:
- It has proven to be a more reliable method for the digital transfer of data, with nearly zero signal loss.
- With its greater bandwidth, it can carry more data, more efficiently, and quickly. Whereas electrical wiring will top out at delivering 10GB, fiber optics has surpassed this capability with no limit yet in sight.
- As it is made of glass, it is less likely to suffer interference compared to metal cables.
- Fiber Optics is lighter in weight, making it easier to transport, install and maintain than heavy cabling.
- Fiber optics does not have to be grounded.
- Fiber optics will not corrode, unlike metals.
- Businesses that adopt fiber optics will not have to upgrade for years, and potentially for decades.
Though advantageous, glass based fiber optics are much more delicate than traditional wiring, and it requires a trained professional to safely and efficiently install this type of cabling. A certified specialist and fiber optics expert is the only type of professional trained to cut and splice this type of wiring.
Choosing the Right Provider for Your Business
21st Century Network Cabling believes in fiber optics and recommends it for any new structured cabling system as well as for companies seeking to upgrade their IT network. Every aspect of the design, procurement, construction, splicing and maintenance will be managed by certified master technicians with the know-how to make your fiber optics integration seamless.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Fiber optic installation
- Fiber optic cable termination
- Fiber optic fusion splicing
- Full scope design and maintenance for fiber optic cabling
- Line testing
- Conduit rodding, cleaning, and pulling
- Underground conduit construction
Shopping around for the right provider for you? Remember to ask about network protocols, network configurations, optical cabling, industry communications standards, determining fiber count, selecting hardware, applied splicing/termination methods, and cable system testing and documentation. And, always discuss your budget and obtain a quote that takes into consideration the needs and size of your business.
Making 21st Century Network Cabling your technology partner means you will be up to date and prepared for the future.
Led by one of the most respected master technicians in the region for more than 20 years, 21st Century Network Cabling has specialized in the installation of fiber optics throughout its history as an expert in structured cabling. Call our team today to discuss the advantages of utilizing fiber optics, and to discuss the best plan for your business.